On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for Maryland ranks 33rd in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 Which U.S. schools receive the most state student aid?
- 2 Petroleum and coal products industry’s Q2 retained earnings up 2.1%
- 3 6 U.S. House members from Maryland make $174,000 annually
- 4 Shipments of electromedical, measuring and control instrument manufacturing climb 0.4 percent in July
- 5 129 businesses in 21769 had fewer than five employees in 2016
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Maryland Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.