On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for Maryland ranks 33rd in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 Lumber and other construction materials wholesalers report $19.4 billion in April inventories
- 2 Furniture and home furnishings wholesalers report $13.9 billion in April inventories
- 3 Hardware and plumbing and heading equipment and supplies wholesalers report $27.6 billion in April inventories
- 4 Graduates earn 1,062 degrees from the United States Naval Academy
- 5 Farm product raw materials wholesalers report $23.5 billion in April inventories
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Maryland Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.